Chicken with Potatoes
- 1 chicken, cut into 4 pieces
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 or 4 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt, or to taste
- 1 teaspoontumeric
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon safron threads
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 3 or 4 large potatoes
- one or two handfuls of green olives
- 1 preserved lemon, quartered and seeds removed (optional)
- In a large, heavy-bottomed pot, combine the chicken, onion, garlic, spices, parsley and oil. Cook, over medium heat
- Stir to turn the pieces of chicken, and watch the heat so that the chicken doesn’t stick to the bottom of the pot and burn.
- Add 1/4 a cup of water to the saucepan and leave it cook for 30 minutes until the chiken is almost done.
- Peel and quarter the potatoes. Add them to the pot, along with the olives, preserved lemon, add enough water to almost cover the potatoes. leave it to a simmer and cook, until the potatoes are tender and the sauce is quite thick.