1 Whole chicken, cut it into pieces and skin removed
5 large carrots, peeled and cut into thick planks
2 medium onions, sliced or chopped
1 cloves garlic finely chopped
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 teaspoon ground black pepper
1 teaspoon ground ginger
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon turmeric
1/2 teaspoonsafron threds, crumbled ( optional)
1/2 cup water
Small bunch of coriender, tied
Handfull oe purpul olives
1 preseved lemon, cut it into quarters
- Cut the chicken into eight pieces and place in a large pan.
- Add oil, onions and garlic. Heat all ingredients until the onion is soften.
- Add seasonings, coriander and water
- Cover the pan and leave all to cook on low heat.
- Add carrots and cook for 10to 15minutes.
- When all the ingredients are cooked and the sauce has reduced and thickened, add the olives.
- Serve hot with the olives on top. enjoy!